Clinical Chemistry, 9th Edition
Clinical Chemistry considers what happens to the body's chemistry when affected by disease. It provides introductory coverage of the scientific basis for biochemistry tests routinely used in medicine – including tests for the assessment of organ function diagnosis and monitoring disease activity and therapy efficacy. Each topic area begins with a concise description of the underlying physiological and biochemical principles and then applies them to patient investigation and management. The regular use of case histories helps further emphasize clinical relevance and chapter key points as well as providing a useful starting point for examination revision.
The clear and engaging writing style appreciated by generations of readers has been retained in this latest (ninth) edition while the content has been thoroughly updated throughout. The approach and scope of this trusted text makes it ideal for integrated medical curricula for medical training and for students and practitioners of clinical and biomedical science.
The complementary eBook version (with the printed book) including additional cases and self-assessment material completes this superb learning package.
- Updated to incorporate the latest changes in practice – including new tests and the most recent evidence-based guidance
- 'Light bulb' sections give practical advice and clarify difficult concepts or potential pitfalls
- New 'Red flag' boxes highlight the results which should cause immediate concern to clinicians
- Updated references to core guidelines reflect latest best practice
- (Print) includes complete downloadable eBook on Student Consult
- Also BONUS materials – interactive clinical cases and MCQs – to reinforce interpretive skills check understanding and aid exam preparation
- Updated to incorporate the latest changes in practice – including new tests and the most recent evidence-based guidance – plus a new chapter on clinical chemistry in pediatrics.
- Figures, tables, boxes, and case studies aid understanding and learning.
- 'Light bulb' sections give practical advice and clarify difficult concepts or potential pitfalls.
- New 'Red flag' boxes highlight the results which should cause immediate concern to clinicians.
- Updated references to core guidelines reflect latest best practice.
- BONUS materials on Student Consult include interactive clinical cases and MCQs – to reinforce interpretive skills, check understanding and aid exam preparation.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.