Clinical Manifestations and Assessment of Respiratory Disease, 9th Edition
A realistic look at treating respiratory diseases! Clinical Manifestations and Assessment of Respiratory Disease, 9th Edition gives you the fundamental knowledge and understanding required to successfully assess and treat patients with respiratory diseases. This foundation helps you learn how to systematically gather relevant clinical data; make an objective evaluation; identify the desired outcome and formulate an assessment; design a safe, appropriate, and effective treatment plan; and document all the steps involved. With this knowledge, you will understand the effectiveness of performing therapies and when to adjust therapy to a desired outcome.
- NEW! Clinical Connection boxes provide real-world clinical case studies in relevant chapters.
- NEW! An updated design and additional tables, boxes, and figures draw attention to key information.
- UPDATED! Content includes the latest developments related to SARS and COVID-19.
- UPDATED! Information on ventilators, usage, and protocols reflects current practice.
- NEW! QR codes in most chapters direct to additional outside content to enhance the chapter, including audio sounds and animations.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on clinical scenarios and critical thinking skills prepares you for real-world practice.
- UNIQUE! Focus on assessment and Therapist Driven Protocols (TDPs).
- UNIQUE! Overview boxes highlight the clinical manifestations for each disease.
- Logically organized content is written at a user-friendly, approachable reading level for ease of use and understanding.
- Case studies provide realistic examples of the respiratory therapy practitioner's role in successful patient care.
- End-of-chapter self-assessment questions and answer key are available on the companion Evolve website.