Digital Radiography and PACS, 4th Edition
Gain a full understanding of the basic principles and techniques of digital imaging! Using an easy-to-understand format and style, Digital Radiography and PACS, 4th Edition provides the latest information on digital imaging systems. It offers tips on producing clear radiographic images. And helps you build skills in computed radiography (CR) and digital radiography (DR), as well as picture archiving and communications systems (PACS).
Coverage also includes quality control and management guidelines for PACS, CR, and. Dr. Written by noted educators Christi Carter and Beth Veale this book provides excellent preparation for the ARRT credentialing exam and for success as a practicing radiographer or technologist.
New to this edition
- NEW! Latest information on digital imaging systems includes computed radiography (CR), digital radiography (DR). And picture archiving and communications systems (PACS), as well as the data required by practicing technologists who are transitioning to digital imaging.
- NEW! Updates reflect the latest ARRT and ASRT content specifications.
- NEW! Full-color design is added to this edition.
- Coverage of digital imaging and PACS is provided at the right level for student radiographers and for practicing technologists transitioning to digital imaging.
- Chapter outlines, learning objectives, and key terms at the beginning of each chapter introduce the chapter content and. Help students organize study and boost their understanding.
- More than 200 photographs and illustrations help to illuminate digital imaging concepts.
- Practical information addresses topics such as working with CR/DR workstations, including advanced image processing and manipulation functions; PACS workstations, archiving solutions, and system architectures; and effective techniques for digitizing film, printing images, and preparing image files.
- Bulleted summaries recap the main points of each chapter, ensuring that students focus on the most important concepts.
- Review questions at the end of chapters are linked to the chapter objectives and help students assess their understanding of the material, with answers provided to instructors on the Evolve website.