Mosby's® Pocket Guide to Fetal Monitoring, 9th Edition
Find real-world, clinically useful information on all aspects of electronic fetal monitoring! Written by clinicians for clinicians Mosby's Pocket Guide to Fetal Monitoring: A Multidisciplinary Approach, 9th Edition provides an evidence-based, collaborative approach to fetal heart monitoring during labor and in the antepartum period. It covers the physiological basis for FHR monitoring; methods and instrumentation, standardized terminology, pattern recognition and interpretation, and management of care. Authored by a nurse-midwife, a perinatologist, and a nurse, this compact guide prepares you for success on the EFM certification exam and for success in today's clinical practice.
New to this edition
- NEW information on Category II tracing management is included.
- NEW! Expanded section on common misconceptions and myths includes evidence supporting factual EFM characteristics.
- NEW! Detailed information on documentation and legal issues is added.
- NEW EFM tracings with interpretation are added.
- Pocket-sized format makes this guide ideal to carry and use in the clinical setting, and a colorful design makes information easier to find.
- Coverage of fetal heart rate assessment, evaluation, interpretation, and management is supported by evidence-based practice and literature, helping you prioritize care and make clinical decisions.
- Patient safety and risk management strategies includes case studies and legal commentary, plus guidelines for providing safe and competent care.
- Information on the relationship between fetal heart rate patterns and neonatal outcomes provides a guide to the correct use of fetal monitoring.
- Illustrations, tables, and fetal monitor tracings highlight critical information.
- Coverage of innovative practices supports patient safety and improved outcomes through the use of a common language for fetal heart rate patterns, a standardized approach to interpretation, a discussion of emergency preparedness, and a discussion of human factor issues such as improved communication, situational awareness, no-fault/ just culture, and teamwork.
- Practical appendices offer a guide to FHR tracings and interpretation as well as self-assessment questions for credentialing and certification exam preparation.
- Expert author team provides clinical insight along with international presence.