AACN Procedure Manual for Progressive and Critical Care, 8th Edition
Edited by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses and written by more than 100 critical care experts under the direction of Karen L. Johnson, PhD, RN, FAAN, this definitive reference represents the gold standard of care for procedures performed in progressive and critical care settings. It guides you through procedures common to the adult critical care environment, including those performed by advanced practice nurses, in an illustrated, step-by-step format. This edition — now in in full color — features new procedures, new and updated illustrations, and updated content throughout, reflecting the latest evidence-based guidelines and national and international protocols. Quick-reference tabs make it easier than ever to locate content quickly. This new edition integrates key AACN initiatives, such as Practice Alerts, and coordinates closely with the AACN Core Curriculum for Progressive and Critical Care Nursing, 8th Edition. Chapter-specific quick-links employ QR codes for instant access to high-quality online references.
- NEW! Additional procedures, new and updated illustrations, and updated content throughout reflect the latest evidence-based guidelines and national and international protocols.
- NEW! Full-color design with color reference tabs enhances navigation, plus full-color illustrations reinforce understanding.
- UPDATED! Key AACN initiatives, such as Practice Alerts, are integrated throughout, and content coordinates with the AACN Core Curriculum for Progressive and Critical Care Nursing, 8th Edition.
- NEW! Chapter-specific quick-links via QR codes provide quick access to online references, which have been updated and limited to the highest-value sources.
- Edited by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, written by more than 100 expert critical care clinicians under the direction of Karen L. Johnson, PhD, RN, FAAN, and extensively reviewed by more than 100 additional critical care experts to ensure the accuracy and currency.
- Comprehensive coverage includes all procedures commonly performed in progressive and critical care settings, including those performed by advanced practice nurses (indicated by an AP icon).
- Straightforward, step-by-step organization uses consistent headings to make following a procedure (and finding the various supporting elements) quick and easy, with bulleted lists, tables, and detailed illustrations throughout to ensure that content is easy to reference and follow.
- Rationales for all interventions in patient and family education, assessment, patient preparation, procedure, and monitoring help students understand the rationale for every step, and a level of evidence is provided when a research base exists to substantiate an intervention, giving insight into the strength of recommendations.