Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual and E-Labs, 11th Edition
Gain the hands-on practice needed to understand anatomical structure and function! Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual and eLabs, 11th Edition provides a clear, step-by-step guide to dissection, anatomy identification, and laboratory procedures. The illustrated, print manual contains 55 A&P exercises to be completed in the lab, with guidance including instructions, safety tips, and tear-out worksheets.
Online, eight eLab modules enhance your skills with simulated lab experiences in an interactive 3-D environment. From noted educators Kevin Patton and Frank Bell, this laboratory manual provides you with a better understanding of the human body and how it works.
New to this edition
- NEW! More photos of various types of bones help you learn skeletal anatomy.
- NEW! More microscope slide images, including „zooming in“ at high-power magnification, help you learn microscopic anatomy.
- NEW! Updated lab tests align with what is currently in use in today’s lab environment.
- NEW! Thorough revision of all chapters covers the latest anatomy and physiology lab exercises.
- Labeling exercises and coloring exercises make it easier to identify and remember critical structures examined in the lab and in lectures.
- Step-by-step „check-box“ dissection instructions with accompanying illustrations and photos cover anatomical models. Fresh or preserved specimens — and provide helpful guidance during dissection labs.
- Tear-out Lab Reports contain checklists, drawing exercises. And questions that help demonstrate your understanding of the labs you have participated in. And also allow instructors to check your progress.
- 250 illustrations include photos of cat, pig, and mink dissections, photos of various bones. Microscopic and common histology slides, and depictions of proper procedures.
- Complete lists of materials for each exercise provide handy checklists for planning and setting up laboratory activities, allowing for easy and efficient preparation.
- Modern anatomical imaging techniques, such as computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and ultrasonography, are introduced to demonstrate how new technologies are changing and shaping health care.
- Review questions throughout the manual provide tools to reinforce and apply your knowledge of anatomy and function concepts.
- Eight eLabs improve the laboratory experience in an interactive digital environment.
- Convenient spiral binding allows for hands-free viewing in the lab setting.
- Hint boxes provide special tips on handling specimens, using equipment, and managing lab activities.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each exercise offer a clear framework for learning.