Atlas of Clinical Sleep Medicine, 3rd Edition
Easy to read and richly illustrated, Atlas of Clinical Sleep Medicine, 3rd Edition, provides the tools you need to accurately diagnose and treat the full range of adult and pediatric sleep disorders. Dr. Meir H. Kryger and a team of expert contributing authors detail the physiologic, clinical, morphologic, and investigational aspects of the sleep disorders you encounter in everyday practice—enhanced by high-quality images throughout. This highly regarded, award-winning atlas is an ideal resource for sleep practitioners and technicians in the lab, as well as an effective review for certification and recertification.
- Features a thoroughly illustrated, reader-friendly format that highlights key details, helping you interpret the visual manifestations of your patients’ sleep disorders so you can manage them most effectively.
- Contains the most up-to-date drug therapy with information about the latest drugs available as well as those in clinical trials.
- Provides greater coverage of pediatric and adolescent disorders, including behavioral insomnia, new medication options, and multiple sleep latency testing (MSLT) specific to children.
- Includes current AASM scoring guidelines and diagnostic criteria.
- Presents correlations between normal and abnormal sleep relative to other health issues such as stroke and heart failure.
- Illustrates the physiology of sleep with full-color images (many are new!) and correlates the physiology with the relevant findings.
- Provides numerous resources online, including more than 80 patient interview and sleep lab videos and 200+ polysomnogram fragments.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
By Meir H. Kryger, MD. FRCPC, Professor, Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut