Essentials of Kinesiology for the Physical Therapist Assistant, 4th Edition
Master the essentials of anatomy and body movement to succeed as a physical therapist assistant! Essentials of Kinesiology for the Physical Therapist Assistant, 4th Edition provides you with a solid background in the structure and function of the musculoskeletal system, with clear explanations of normal movement setting the stage for discussions of abnormal movement patterns and treatment techniques. To clarify kinesiology concepts, full-color illustrations show bones, joints, supporting ligaments, and muscles. Written by experienced physical therapy practitioners Paul Jackson Mansfield and Donald A. Neumann, this concise guide prepares PTAs for success in both the classroom and the clinical setting. And it includes a fully searchable eBook version with each print purchase!
- NEW! Revised content and updated references provide the current information you need to be an effective clinician.
- NEW! Discussion of Common Patterns of Joint Restriction is included in each chapter.
- NEW! eBook version is included with print purchase. The eBook includes video clips, animations, flashcards, and labeling exercises, and allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
- NEW! Video clips help you interpret new concepts with visual demonstration.
- More than 600 full-color photos and drawings help you understand key concepts.
- Expert author team of Paul Jackson Mansfield and Donald Neumann represents a combined 50 years of physical therapy practice and more than 40 years of teaching experience.
- UNIQUE! Illustrations from Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System depict body anatomy and movement.
- UNIQUE! Atlas-style muscle presentations pair the illustration of a specific muscle or group with the relevant attachments, innervations, and actions.
- Study questions include 20-30 multiple-choice and true/false practice questions in each chapter, serving as a self-assessment tool for exam preparation.
- UNIQUE! Goniometry boxes in joint-specific chapters show how the goniometer may be used to measure joint angle or range of motion.
- Clinical Insight and Consider This boxes link the concepts of kinesiology with their clinical applications in physical therapy.
- Summary tables and boxes pull content together into a concise, quick-reference format.
- Learning objectives at the start of each chapter include a chapter outline, outcome objectives, and key terms.