- Covers the basic principles and concepts of epidemiology in a clear, uniquely memorable way, using a wealth of full-color figures, graphs, charts, and cartoons to help you understand and retain key information.
- Reflects how epidemiology is practiced today, with a new chapter organization progressing from observation and developing hypotheses to data collection and analyses.
- Features new end-of-chapter questions for quick self-assessment, and a glossary of genetic terminology.
- Provides more than 200 additional multiple-choice epidemiology self-assessment questions online.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
„This sixth edition of a renowned introduction to the basic principles and concepts of epidemiology has been updated, revised, and expanded. This book is ideal for students requiring grounding in the principles and practice of epidemiology, but is equally a fantastic reference for professionals involved in the teaching of epidemiology in various settings and for those needing to confirm their understanding of essential information.“
-Michael A O’Rorke, PhD (University of Iowa College of Public Health) Doody’s Score: 93-4 Stars!