Medical Physiology 3rd Edition
For a comprehensive understanding of human physiology ― from molecules to systems ―turn to the latest edition of Medical Physiology. This updated textbook is known for its unparalleled depth of information, equipping students with a solid foundation for a future in medicine and healthcare, and providing clinical and research professionals with a reliable go-to reference. Complex concepts are presented in a clear, concise, and logically organized format to further facilitate understanding and retention.
- Clear, didactic illustrations visually present processes in a clear, concise manner that is easy to understand.
- Intuitive organization and consistent writing style facilitates navigation and comprehension.
- Takes a strong molecular and cellular approach that relates these concepts to human physiology and disease.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience includes access – on a variety of devices – to the complete text with thorough hyperlinking, images, 10 animations, and copious linkout notes prepared by the Editors.
- An increased number of clinical correlations provides a better understanding of the practical applications of physiology in medicine.
- Highlights new breakthroughs in molecular and cellular processes, such as the role of epigenetics, necroptosis, and ion channels in physiologic processes, to give insights into human development, growth, and disease.
- Several new authors offer fresh perspectives in many key sections of the text, and meticulous editing makes this multi-authored resource read with one unified voice.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.