Palliative Radiation Oncology, 1st Edition
- Discusses optimal communication skills for pediatric, adult, and elderly patients.
- Contains decision-making algorithms to guide individualized palliative radiation oncology treatment plans.
- Reviews all the latest modalities with technical tips and pitfalls.
- Covers key procedures such as external beam radiation therapy, intensity modulated radiation therapy, stereotactic body radiation therapy, and stereotactic radiosurgery.
- Features step-by-step body site-specific guidelines with integrated symptom and toxicity management.
- Covers symptom and symptom-cluster management, including pain and psychosocial or spiritual distress.
- Ideal for radiation oncology residents, fellows, and practitioners, as well as medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, oncology nurses, and radiation technicians—all clinicians who work in this highly collaborative, team-based specialty.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.