Physical Agents in Rehabilitation, 6th Edition
Learn how to select and apply physical agents to optimize patient outcomes! Physical Agents in Rehabilitation, 6th Edition provides evidence-based guidelines to the effective use of agents such as heat and cold, lasers and light, ultrasound, electrotherapy, hydrotherapy, traction, and compression. It makes clinical decision making easier with clear explanations of the scientific theory and physiology underlying each agent, and also describes current research and rationales for treatment recommendations. From physical therapist and educator Michelle H. Cameron and a team of expert contributors, this market-leading reference includes access to the entire text as a fully searchable eBook.
Athletic and Sport Issues in Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, 1st Edition
New to this edition
- NEW! Shock Wave Therapy chapter covers the principles, evidence base, and practical guidance for using this newly available physical agent.
- NEW! Updated Lasers, Light and Photobiomodulation chapter adds over 100 new references and more specific guidance for selecting parameters for clinical application.
- NEW! Enhanced eBook version – included with print purchase – allows access to the entire, fully searchable text, along with figures and references from the book, on a variety of devices.
- Comprehensive coverage of all physical agents including mechanisms, clinical effects, and application techniques for thermal agents, electrical currents, electromagnetic agents, and mechanical agents.
- UNIQUE! Step-by-step, illustrated Application Techniques boxes guide you in carrying out effective treatment options.
- Updated Electrical Stimulation, Ultrasound, and Laser Light Handbook is included in the eBook as a quick reference to use in the clinic.
- UNIQUE! Find the Evidence tables make it easy to find up-to-date, patient-specific evidence using the PICO (Patient, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome) framework.
- Research references throughout the book, focused on high-quality evidence.
- Updated review questions and answers help you master the material.