Rheumatology, 2-Volume Set, 8th Edition
- Covers the epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, therapeutic approach, and management of all major as well as rarely encountered rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
- Discusses clinical examination, imaging principles, differential diagnosis, established and novel therapies. Perioperative evaluation, pain management, basic science, and genetics of rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
- Uses a consistent, logical, reader-friendly format with templated chapters, concise text, and large-scale, state-of-the-art illustrations for efficient visual reference.
- Contains new chapters covering pre-clinical disease and how to address these patients, common comorbidities in rheumatoid arthritis. Emerging therapies for systemic sclerosis; immune mediated complications of checkpoint inhibitors. The epidemiology of COVID-19 and rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases, emerging treatments for osteoarthritis, and big data analytics.
- Provides updates to key topics such as systems biology and its impact on our understanding of the pathogenesis of rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases. The microbiome in rheumatic musculoskeletal diseases, how to manage chronic pain in the patient with a rheumatic disease, drugs and reproductive health. And emerging therapies for patients with RA, SLE, spondyloarthritis, inflammatory muscle disease, and vasculitis.
- Shares the knowledge and expertise of numerous new contributing authors, as well as new co-editor Dr. Désirée van der Heijde, who is an expert in psoriatic arthritis, spondyloarthritis, imaging. And clinical epidemiology.
- Provides access to concise videos depicting the use of ultrasound for diagnosis and treatment.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text. Figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.