Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography, 7th Edition
- Concentrates on the foundational concepts you need to know to perform and interpret echocardiographic studies and to pass your board exams.
- Incorporates new clinical knowledge, new guidelines, and recent innovations in echocardiographic imaging, including advances in handheld devices, specialized echo applications, and technical aspects of image collection.
- Covers all advanced echo techniques, including contrast echo, 3D echo, and myocardial mechanics, as well as intraoperative and intra-procedural transesophageal echocardiography (TEE).
- Provides an updated understanding of the clinical applications of specific echocardiographic findings, and discusses what alternative diagnostic approaches to initiate when echocardiography does not provide a definitive answer.
- Offers a thorough, must-know explanation of the physics behind echocardiography and its applications in the clinical setting; Echo Math boxes in each chapter for quick review and greater comprehension; updated evidence tables validating echo parameters; and an Echo Exam summary at the end of each chapter.
- Matches full-color anatomic drawings of heart structures with the 2D and 3D echocardiographic views, and includes dozens of new illustrations throughout the text.
- Pairs state-of-the-art echo images with more than 360 videos that illustrate the full range of cardiac disease diagnosed with this powerful imaging approach.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.