Ross and Wilson has been the number one choice for over a million students since it first published, over 50 years ago. One of the world’s most popular textbooks of anatomy and physiology, it introduces the structure and functions of the human body and the effects of disease or illness on normal body function. More than any other text Ross and Wilson uses easy-to-understand, straightforward language, enhanced by colour illustrations and a huge range of interactive online activities, to make learning more visual and engaging.
Ross and Wilson is essential reading for anyone embarking on a career as a healthcare professional, especially in the nursing and allied health professions, complementary / alternative medicine or as paramedics and ambulance technicians.
“There are new sections on the implications of normal ageing on the structure and function of the body systems. The glossary has been expanded, as have the online access, learning outcomes and normal values tables. This book is excellent value for money.” Reviewed by: Nursing Standard Date: Aug 2014
- Carefully refined, clear and unambiguous text which omits the unnecessary detail that can confuse the student new to the subject
- Highly illustrated with clear colour diagrams and photographs
- Regular sequences of headings, lists and bullet points help with learning and revision
- Learning outcomes related to the sections within each chapter
- Common prefixes, suffixes and roots commonly used in anatomy and physiology
- Appendix containing useful biological values for easy reference
- Access to additional electronic resources, including high-quality animations, colouring exercises, case studies, self-testing questions, an audio pronunciation guide and weblinks
- An accompanying Colouring and workbook that facilitates structured learning and revision of the material in this book.
- Fully revised and updated text, with a focus on the most commonly occurring disorders
- New sections on the implications of normal ageing on the structure and function of the body systems to reinforce the core material and reflect today’s ageing population
- A new, easy-to-use colouring feature has been added to the extensive and varied selection of highly popular web-based online revision activities
- Additional coloured electron micrographs and photographs, as well as updated illustrations
- Extended glossary for fast, convenient and concise reference to important terminology.
- The new edition of the hugely successful Ross and Wilson Anatomy & Physiology in Health and Illnesscontinues to bring its readers the core essentials of human biology presented in a clear and straightforward manner. Fully updated throughout, the book now comes with enhanced learning features including helpful revision questions and an all new art programme to further clarify the explanations given in the text. The 13th edition retains its popular website, which contains a wide range of ‘critical thinking’ exercises as well as new animations, an audio-glossary, the unique Body Spectrum© online colouring and self-test program, and helpful weblinks.This book is ideal for students of nursing and allied health professions, biomedical and paramedical science, operating department practice, complementary therapy and massage therapy, as well as trainee Health Care Assistants and those studying A’ level or BTEC (or equivalent) human biology.Ross and Wilson Anatomy & Physiology in Health and Illness will be of particular help to readers new to the subject area, those returning to study after a period of absence and for anyone whose first language is not English.
- Latest edition of the world’s most popular textbook on basic human anatomy and physiology with over 1.5 million copies sold worldwide
- Clear, no nonsense writing style helps make learning easy
- Accompanying website contains animations, audio-glossary, case studies and other self-assessment material, the unique Body Spectrum© online colouring and self-test software, and helpful weblinks
- Includes basic pathology and pathophysiology of important diseases and disorders
- Contains helpful learning features such as Learning Outcomes boxes, colour coding and design icons together with a stunning illustration and photography collection
- Contains clear explanations of common prefixes, suffixes and roots, with helpful examples from the text, plus a glossary and an appendix of normal biological values.
- Particularly valuable for students who are completely new to the subject, or returning to study after a period of absence, and for anyone whose first language is not English
- All new illustration programme brings the book right up-to-date for today’s student
- Helpful ‘Spot Check’ questions at the end of each topic to monitor progress
- Fully updated throughout with the latest information on common and/or life threatening diseases and disorders
- Review and Revise end-of-chapter exercises assist with reader understanding and recall
- Over 120 animations – many of them newly created – help clarify underlying scientific and physiological principles and make learning fun