Current Therapy of Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, 3rd Edition
- Covers the entire spectrum of Trauma Surgery and Surgical Critical Care—from initial evaluation, military and civilian field and trauma center evaluation and resuscitation, to diagnosis, operative, and postoperative critical care and outcomes—in nearly 100 print and 39 online-exclusive chapters, all newly streamlined to emphasize frontline procedural treatment.
- Features extensive new data and updates to Cardiac, Thoracic, Vascular, and Military Surgery chapters, plus numerous new intraoperative photographs and high-quality line drawings that highlight the most important aspects of urgent surgical care.
- Contains 14 new chapters, including Innovations in Trauma Surgery Simulation; Air Evacuation and Critical Care in Military Casualties; REBOA: Indications and Controversies; Penetrating Extracranial Vertebral Artery; Penetrating Arterio-Venous Fistulas; The Genomics of Profound Shock and Trauma; ECMO; and newer strategies, such as nerve blocks for pain management to combat the opioid epidemic.
- Incorporates a wealth of military knowledge from both recent and past military conflicts, as well as from asymmetric warfare; many of the authors and co-authors have extensive past and present military experience.
- Uses a consistent, easy-to-follow chapter format throughout, for quick and easy reference and review.
- Reviews the essential principles of diagnosis and treatment, as well as the specifics of surgical therapy, making it useful for surgeons across all specialties.
- Integrates evidence-based practice guidelines into the text whenever possible, as well as comprehensive utilization of the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma – Organ Injury Scales (AAST-OIS).
- Contains such a wealth of operative photographs and line drawings, both in the printed version and many more in the electronic version, that it could be considered an Atlas of Trauma Surgery.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.