Intellectual Disabilities, 7th Edition
This leading textbook (previously known as Learning Disabilities) aims to further the practice of professionals and agencies who support people with intellectual disabilities. It emphasizes the strengths rather than deficits of people with intellectual disabilities, highlights the crucial role of family and friends, and places individuals firmly at the heart of everything that impacts them.
Intellectual Disabilities: Toward Inclusion centers on the concepts of respecting the personhood of people with intellectual disabilities, and their rights to holistic health and to live their best lives. Most of the 27 chapters are co-authored by respected international authors, and the content has been fully updated to reflect contemporary policy, legislation and service configuration.
This unique text will challenge and reframe typically held views, and provides an international focus that recognizes we have much to learn from the experiences and perspectives of other nations around the world.
MINI-MULTI-R Interpretive Guide
- Comprehensive overview of the field - relevant to contemporary practice
- Content organized around three central themes: Who am I?; Maximizing my health; Living my best life
- Well-written and accessible
- Artwork and perspectives of people with intellectual disabilities bring content to life
- Authors from a range of professional backgrounds representing Australia, Austria, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa, Spain, the UK, and the United States
- Activities, case studies, diagrams and useful web links
- Additional material in an online resource complements reader activities found throughout the text