Acute and Chronic Wounds, 6th Edition
Acute & Chronic Wounds, 6th Edition provides the latest diagnostic and treatment guidelines to help novice to expert clinicians provide evidence-based, high-quality care for patients with wounds. This textbook presents an interprofessional approach to maintaining skin integrity and managing the numerous types of skin damage, including topics that range from the physiology of wound healing, general principles of wound management, special patient populations, management of percutaneous tubes, and specific care instructions to program development. Written by respected wound experts Ruth Bryant and Denise Nix, this bestselling reference also provides excellent preparation for all wound certification exams.
- NEW! Chapters on Postacute Care Settings; Telehealth and Wound Management; Quality Tracking Across the Continuum; and Medications and Phytotherapy: Impact on Wounds provide evidence-based coverage of these important topics.
- UPDATED! Consolidated pressure injuries content puts everything you need to know into one chapter.
- Expanded full-color insert includes 50 new images — for a total of 95 color plates with more than 160 images — that visually reinforce key concepts.
- New information presents the latest developments in biofilm assessment and management, topical oxygen therapy, skin manifestations related to COVID-19, and strategies to enhance engagement, as well as updated product photos and more authors who are clinical experts and providers.
- Comprehensive approach addresses the prevention and management of acute and chronic wounds, making it the preeminent resource for skin health and wound management across all disciplines involved in wound care, from novice to expert.
- Learning Objectives at the beginning of each chapter emphasize the most important content.
- Clinical Consult feature in each chapter provides a synthesis of the chapter content, illustrating how to assess, manage, and document a realistic clinical encounter using the ADPIE or SBAR framework.
- Checklists provide a concise list of actions necessary to achieve the best patient care outcomes or satisfy a particular objective.
- Practical tools and algorithms help in performing risk assessment, differential diagnosis, classification, treatment, and documentation.
- Coverage of practice development issues addresses outcomes and productivity in agencies and institutions, home care, acute care, long-term care, and long-term acute care settings.
- Self-assessment questions help you test your knowledge and prepare for certification exams.
- Helpful appendices provide answers to self-assessment questions, as well as various tools, policies and procedures, competencies, patient and family education guidance, and more.