Clinical Lipidology, 3rd Edition
Part of the renowned Braunwald family of references, Clinical Lipidology: A Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease provides today’s clinicians with clear, authoritative guidance on the therapeutic management of patients with high cholesterol levels and other atherogenic lipid disorders. An invaluable resource for cardiologists, lipidologists, endocrinologists, and internal medicine physicians, this one-stop reference covers everything from basic science and the pathogenesis of atherothrombotic disease to risk assessment and the latest therapy options. Now fully updated from cover to cover, the 3rd Edition offers unparalleled coverage of lipidology in an accessible and user-friendly manner.
- Thoroughly covers the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of patients with elevated levels of lipids and lipoproteins, including all the latest research-based recommendations, therapeutic breakthroughs, and related clinical advances.
- Presents the latest data on clinical guidelines, risk assessments, and established and emerging pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic therapies—all from internationally recognized experts in the field.
- Features condensed, streamlined content that focuses on clinical applications and applying concepts to the practice setting. Chapters have now been completely reorganized into sections on risk assessment; therapy; new and evolving therapeutic targets and platforms; and special populations.
- Includes new chapters on Polygenic Risk Scores; Inclisiran; Bempedoic Acid; Selective Peroxisome Proliferator–Activated Receptor–a Modulator: Pemafibrate; Evolving Therapeutic Targets: Lp(a), ANGPTL3, and ApoC-III; New Therapeutic Platforms: Gene Therapy and Genome Editing; and more.
- Contains new or expanded content on inflammation; genetic testing; troponins for risk assessment; statins and role of bile acid sequestrants, niacin, and fibrates; mAbs; CANTOS and CIRT; colchicine; IL-6; and cellular, molecular, and genetic therapy.
- Provides treatment algorithms throughout, as well as case vignettes that highlight the most common clinical questions in each chapter.
- Incorporates the latest guidelines from the AHA, ACC, ESC, and EAS, as well as future directions for ongoing research and emerging applications.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Christie M. Ballantyne, MD, FACP, FACC, Chief, Section of Cardiology, Chief, Section of Cardiovascular Research, Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas