Equine Surgery, 5th Edition
Equip yourself for success with the only book on the market that covers all aspects of equine surgery! Equine Surgery, 5th Edition prepares you to manage each surgical condition by understanding its pathophysiology and evaluating alternative surgical approaches. Explanations in the book describe how to avoid surgical infections, select and use instruments, and perfect fundamental surgical techniques including incisions, cautery, retractions, irrigation, surgical suction, wound closure, dressings, bandages, and casts. In addition to diagnostic imaging and orthopedic coverage, it includes in-depth information on anesthesia, the integumentary system (including wound management, reconstructive surgery, and skin grafting), the alimentary system, respiratory, and urogenital systems.
- NEW! Expert Consult site offering 40+ videos of surgeons performing techniques so that you can quickly access drug and equipment information.
- NEW! Expansion of minimally invasive surgical techniques includes laser ablation procedures, implantation of plates against bones in orthopedic procedures, and laparoscopic procedures for soft tissue injuries.
- NEW! World-renowned contributors, featuring two new associate editors include over 70 of the most experienced and expert equine specialist surgeons, each providing current and accurate information.
- NEW! Current advances in imaging detect musculoskeletal conditions in the sports horse.
- Complete coverage of all the information needed to study for the American and European College of Veterinary Surgeons Board Examinations makes this edition an excellent study tool.
- Section on anesthesiology and pain management prepares you to manage these critical aspects of any surgery.
- Extensive, up-to-date orthopedic coverage includes joint disorders and joint trauma.
- Section on integumentary system contains information on wound management, reconstructive surgery, and skin grafting.
- Section on the alimentary system covers postoperative care, complications and reoperation guidelines.
- New techniques in vascular surgery keep you up-to-date with best practices.