Fields Virology: RNA Viruses
Now in four convenient volumes, Field’s Virology remains the most authoritative reference in this fast-changing field, providing definitive coverage of virology, including virus biology as well as replication and medical aspects of specific virus families.
This volume of Field’s Virology: RNA Viruses, Seventh Edition covers the latest information on RNA viruses, how they cause disease, how they can cause epidemics and pandemics, new therapeutics and vaccine approaches, as provided in new or extensively revised chapters that reflect these advances in this dynamic field.
Bundled with the eBook, which will be updated regularly as new information about each virus is available, this text serves as the authoritative, up-to-date reference book for virologists, infectious disease specialists, microbiologists, and physicians, as well as medical students pursuing a career in infectious diseases.
- Covers both basic science and medical features of each virus, emphasizing viruses of medical importance and interest, while also including other viruses in specific cases where more is known about their mechanisms of replication or pathogenesis
- Includes two new chapters on SARS – Coronavirus 2 covering both basic science and clinical aspects of CoV2 and COVID-19
- Covers human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), rotaviruses, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), measles virus, and more
- Features more than 400 full-color illustrations, including key figures for use as lecture slides
- Provides quick, flexible access to current information both in print and in an improved eBook format
- Discusses virus structure, virus entry, replication, and assembly, virus-host cell interactions, host immune responses and vaccines, antiviral therapeutics, viral persistence and latency for HIV, and mechanisms of viral oncogenesis for HTLV-1 and HCV
New and forthcoming Field’s Virology volumes, available in print and eBook format:
• Emerging Viruses – 2020
• DNA Viruses – 2021
• RNA Viruses
• Fundamental Virology
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s),such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook,powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.