Hyatt’s Interpretation of Pulmonary Function Tests
Practical and clinically relevant, Hyatt’s Interpretation of Pulmonary Function Tests provides user-friendly coverage of all types of pulmonary function testing as it applies to a wide range of disease conditions. In this revised 5th Edition, Dr. Paul D. Scanlon expands upon the tradition of excellence begun by renowned pulmonary physiologist and father of the flow-volume curve, Dr. Robert E. Hyatt. A new two-color design, new and reorganized cases; and revised and expanded content keep you up to date with all that’s new in the field.
- Provides a solid basis for administering and interpreting pulmonary function tests, making it an ideal resource for pulmonologists, fellows, and other healthcare practitioners who have a basic knowledge of pulmonary physiology.
- Offers valuable guidance for day-to-day clinical work, featuring chapters such as "When to Test and What to Order" and "Approaches to Interpreting Pulmonary Function Tests."
- Features a new section on the interpretation of complex tests, including the nonspecific pattern, mixed obstruction with restriction, and the complex restrictive pattern.
- Includes more than 40 illustrative cases for self-testing and reinforcing the principles discussed in the text, as well as clear illustrations that demonstrate dozens of PFT patterns.
- Contains expert "pearls" regarding performance and interpretation of key tests.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.