Principles of Pulmonary Medicine, 8th Edition
- Presents physiologic concepts, pathogenetic and pathophysiologic mechanisms, and radiologic and pathologic correlates of disease in a clear, understandable manner.
- Features extensive content updates on interstitial lung disease, emerging and/or viral infections (including COVID-19), lung cancer, asthma, and new biologic and immunologic treatments available for a variety of diseases.
- Contains excellent visuals for understanding and interpreting pulmonary disease with easy-to-understand anatomic illustrations and accompanying radiologic and pathophysiologic images—now all in full color for the first time. This edition provides even more images, especially chest radiographs and CT scans, that offer more examples of clinical disorders.
- Provides therapeutic strategies, including evidence for assessing relative benefits, harms, and costs.
- Includes useful appendices that provide simplified methods for interpreting pulmonary function tests and arterial blood gases, while also presenting sample problems that test the reader’s ability to use respiratory equations, assess pulmonary function abnormalities, and interpret arterial blood gases.
- Provides access to extensive online content such as author commentaries, video clips, audio recordings of lung sounds, and over 200 case-based self-assessment questions modeled after the USMLE exam.
- Includes margin notes throughout the text that summarize the major points and concepts and allow the reader to quickly review the material.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.